Upon retirement, WVU retirees are able to retain several privileges. To take
advantage of some privileges, a retiree identification card may be required.
- Retiree Identification Card
- Your Mountaineer Card can be updated to identify you as a WVU retiree.
The Card office will do this. Before going to the card office, call them (304.293.2273)
to be sure that you are in the WVU system as a retiree. Emeritus
faculty will need an additional document from the department that identifies
them as emeritus.
- WVURA membership includes membership in
, a national organization of caregivers offering nationwide senior caregivers,
housekeepers, errand runners, and more.
email account. You can retain your WVU email account. If you
are emeritus faculty, your account will remain intact. If you are not emeritus,
your emails will be removed but your contacts will remain. See the
FAQ link for more details.
- Retiree Pass for free admission for two to all non-revenue sporting events (excludes
football and men's basketball). These passes are mailed to retirees every August.
- Faculty/Staff discounted rate (20%) for football or men's basketball season tickets.
- WVU Library access with activated Mountaineer Card.
- Ride free on the PRT and Mountain Line Transit with activated Mountaineer
If you are over 65:
- Participate in Silver Sneakers, a free fitness program for seniors. You must be
covered by Humana to join. You can find fitness locations at
- Participate in the Reduced Tuition and Fee Program for State Residents. See Board
If you are emeritus faculty:
- WVU parking permit at no cost.
- At the discretion of your department, you might have:
- Office space
- Research space
- Office computer and telephone
- Conference expenses when presenting WVU research