Upon retirement, WVU retirees are able to retain several privileges. To take
advantage of some privileges, a retiree identification card may be required.
- Retiree Identification Card
- Your Mountaineer Card can be updated to identify you as a WVU retiree.
The Card office will do this. Before going to the card office, call them (304.293.2273)
to be sure that you are in the WVU system as a retiree. Emeritus
faculty will need an additional document from the department that identifies
them as emeritus.
- Membership in the Retirees Association also includes WVU Perks membership (must enroll). Perks is an online discount program
that offers local and national discounts and deals on several everyday items
- Retiring employees on all WVU campuses (excluding WVU Parkersburg) will
automatically receive access to an email account ending with @retiree.wvu.edu.
You must submit a personal, non-WVU email address to Benefits Administration
at the time you process for retirement so you may be notified when your new
account is available. Only Emeriti retirees will still have @mail.wvu.edu accounts.
- Retiree Sports Pass for free admission for two to all non-revenue sporting events (excludes
football and men's basketball). These passes are emailed to members of the Retirees Association every August.
- Faculty/Staff discounted rate (20%) for football or men's basketball season tickets.
- WVU Library access with activated Mountaineer Card
- Retirees can use their social media accounts to access research databases provided by WVU Libraries. Retirees using a @retiree.wvu.edu email account can link their account to a selected database. See the following link for details: Research.
- Discounted computers from Dell with an active WVU email account. Go to dell.com/wvu for more information.
- Ride free on the PRT and Mountain Line Transit with activated Mountaineer
If you are over 65:
- Participate in Silver Sneakers, a free fitness program for seniors. You must be
covered by Humana to join. You can find fitness locations at
- Participate in the Reduced Tuition and Fee Program for State Residents. See Board
If you are emeritus faculty:
- WVU parking permit at no cost. Contact the Parking Office at 304.293.5502.
- At the discretion of your department, you might have:
- Office space
- Research space
- Office computer and telephone
- Conference expenses when presenting WVU research