Upon retirement, WVU retirees are able to retain several privileges. To take
advantage of some privileges, a retiree identification card may be required.
- Retiree Identification Card
- Your Mountaineer Card can be updated to identify you as a WVU retiree.
The Card office will do this. Before going to the card office, call them (304.293.2273)
to be sure that you are in the WVU system as a retiree. Emeritus
faculty will need an additional document from the department that identifies
them as emeritus.
- WVURA membership includes membership in
, a national organization of caregivers offering nationwide senior caregivers,
housekeepers, errand runners, and more.
WVU Perks membership (must enroll). Perks is an online discount program
that offers local and national discounts and deals on several everyday items
- Retiring employees on all WVU campuses (excluding WVU Parkersburg) will
automatically receive access to an email account ending with @retiree.wvu.edu.
You must submit a personal, non-WVU email address to Benefits Administration
at the time you process for retirement so you may be notified when your new
account is available. Only Emeriti retirees will still have @mail.wvu.edu accounts.
- Retiree Pass for free admission for two to all non-revenue sporting events (excludes
football and men's basketball). These passes are mailed to retirees every August.
- Faculty/Staff discounted rate (20%) for football or men's basketball season tickets.
- WVU Library access with activated Mountaineer Card.
- Discounted computers from Dell with an active WVU email account. See
computers for more information.
- Ride free on the PRT and Mountain Line Transit with activated Mountaineer
If you are over 65:
- Participate in Silver Sneakers, a free fitness program for seniors. You must be
covered by Humana to join. You can find fitness locations at
- Participate in the Reduced Tuition and Fee Program for State Residents. See Board
If you are emeritus faculty:
- WVU parking permit at no cost.
- At the discretion of your department, you might have:
- Office space
- Research space
- Office computer and telephone
- Conference expenses when presenting WVU research